Morning at Snowbird, the sun is just peeking through the clouds.
I’ve been travelling a bit this month as well. From Salt Lake to Colorado…
This was on the road….
Colorado was awesome. I got to catch up with lots of old friends including these two crazy ones! #IGOTSWAGG
And the races went really well for me!
With these two wins, I secured a world cup slalom spot for next season! I’ve been skiing well and having fun, and these wins reinforced my decision to take a step back last season. The future is still unknown for me, but I know that I’m skiing fast, having fun trying to push myself, and still enjoying the sport.
The travels continued… on to New Mexico!
My teammate Tonje and I on the chair in Red River, NM.
The college apres ski: TUNING.
This is something that I really think I’ve improved on this season! Taking care of my equipment is an important part of the sport, and knowing how to do it is essential for all racers. I’m lucky enough to have been taught by my dad at a really young age, I still remember all the nights of tuning after doing homework… funny how history repeats itself!! Thanks to Marco and Dane for “lending” me all of their sweet tools!!!
After some more successful races in New Mexico we headed back to SLC, into what looked like a huge storm.
I made it home in time for Marcos week off and Valentines day!!
Sunny skiing at Snowbird on Valentines with my Valentine before school!
And some more skiing at Alta on the weekend!
this is for the Canadian ski team girls: some crafting blogging.
Every time I see them they ask me what crafts I have done, and I finally have an answer: I’ve become upholstery-addicted.
My first project started it all: Jasmine and I went to the DI, the LDS thrift store where we found some sweet items. What I got started out as an ugly dark brown, stained, and peeling table. I unscrewed the top, upholstered some foam and fabric onto it, painted the legs LIME GREEn, and then re-attached it all.
Voila: an ottoman – side table – leg rester.
Since I forgot to do a step-by-step photo blog with that one, I decided that more projects needed to be done. Marco was home this time so I knew we could create something cool from scratch.
We went to Home Depot and bought a 12 inch 3/4inch thick circle of wood.
I used my new college math skills to figure out the triangle which would indicate where to screw in the three legs.
Once the math was done and the legs had been screwed in, I also asked marco to make a hole in the middle. After that was just a matter of SPRAY PAINTING the whole thing (bottom mostly). I chose ivory white.
Once dried, we measured foam and fabric, cut it all, and then got aggressive with the staple gun.
The actual steps were: spray adhesive the foam to the wood. Staple batting first, then fabric. trim.
The final step was to use the hole in the middle to put a button. I bought the cover-yourself buttons, threaded STRONG string through and then somehow found the hole and aggressively tied it underneath with a washer.